From art to athletics, computer programming to culinary skills, and space exploration to scuba diving, Tyler Junior College has a summer camp to spark the imagination of any youngster! Registration is open now for TJC Summer Camps for kids ages 3 and up with camps starting in June and running through mid-August.
“TJC camps offer great opportunities for kids to gain skills to succeed in sports and learn about other cultures through art, science and technology,” said Brent Wallace, TJC dean of the School of Continuing Studies. “But they’re also often a child’s first opportunity to spend time on a college campus. Ultimately, we hope our campers are inspired to someday pursue a college career.”
The camps will be held at several locations on the TJC central campus, including the Earth and Space Science Center, Wagstaff Gymnasium, art department, and science labs.
The athletic camps, which include baseball, basketball, football, soccer, tennis, and volleyball, will be run entirely by TJC coaching staff and players.
TJC offers more than 40 activity camps in the areas of:
- Art: comic book creation, jewelry, mixed-media journaling, painting
- Cooking: learning to cook recipes from scratch, serving skills, kitchen safety and etiquette
- Dance: ballet, jazz and hip-hop
- Maker: building catapults, creating sidewalk chalk, making chewing gum and gummy bears and more
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and math): video game creation, computer programming, pre-med academy and space camp
For details or to register online for activity camps, click here. For information on TJC athletic camps, click here.
Stay up to date on all things The East Texas Weekend!
Like us on Facebook | Instagram | Contact us | Download our App (Apple, Google)
Copyright 2023 KLTV. All rights reserved.