Sink your teeth into fall!
Fall is here and we’re not ashamed of all the fall festivities we are sinking our teeth into. Especially if its covered in this easy apple butter recipe.
One of fall’s sweetest treasures: the apple. Turns out, it’s actually very simple and tastes just as good as if you slaved over a hot kettle.
Easy Apple Butter tips:
- Leave the apple skins on! The skin gives your apple butter the dark color.
- Add lemon juice. Sounds like the wrong thing to do, but it actually makes the sweetness of the apple stand out.
- Just throw it in the crockpot and let it go!
- 5 pounds of apples, 3/4 Johnathon and 1/4 Golden
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Cut and core the apples into eighths. Lisa suggests you leave the skin on to give your apple butter that rich brown color.
- Mix together all of the ingredients.
- Put the mixture in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. Lisa says over the course of the first two hours, it won’t look like much is happening. But like magic, it will eventually begin to simmer around the pot. Let it cook for one more hour as it simmers.
- Store the apple butter in cans.
with The East Texas Weekend
You may also like: