Nothing upgrades a party like a BOO-zy addition.
A traditional margarita is always a crowd pleaser, but this season we’re stepping it up by adding in a fall staple: Apple Cider!
Here’s our recipe for an Apple Spice Margarita:
- 1/2 ounce triple sec or orange liquior
- 2 ounces silver tequila (or mezcal if you want a more smoky flavor)
- 5 ounces of apple cider
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- cinnamon sugar
- cinnamon sticks
- apple slices
- Start by rimming your glass with the cinnamon sugar. Either use a pre-made Cinnamon Sugar spice or combine the cinnamon and sugar on a plate. Use a lime slice to moisten the rim of the glass, then immediately dip into the plate of cinnamon sugar.
- The combine first 5 ingredients (triple sec, tequila, apple cider, lime juice and maple syrup) in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to combine.
- Strain into glass and stir with cinnamon sticks.
- Sprinkle apple slice with cinnamon sugar, and use slice and cinnamon stick to garnish.
(This recipe makes one glass)
If you’re interested in making an entire pitcher for a party here’s how to adjust your ingredients:
- 12 ounces of triple sec or orange liquor
- 25 ounces of silver tequila (entire fifth bottle)
- 6.5 cups of apple cider
- 6 teaspoons maple sugar
(This pitcher will make around 13 drinks)
To make it a mocktail:
- Easy! Just omit the triple sec & tequila and add another 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup.
Stay up to date on all things The East Texas Weekend!
This pairs well with: