How to make homemade ice cream sandwiches in a few simple steps
Because chocolate chips are a staple in our diet, our friends over in Baton Rouge at Louisiana Weekend decided to make the most chocolate chip thing ever and share it with us. And now we present to you, an easy chocolatey chip DIY Ice Cream Sandwich.
- RELATED: We tried baking a German Chocolate Pound Cake for the 100th time and it went horribly wrong
Yes, we know what you are thinking. Why make homemade ice cream sandwiches when you can go to the store and buy a pack? Well, the beauty of making these things at home is that you get creative control on what kind of ice cream sandwiches you want to make. From the cookies to the ice cream, the opportunities are endless.
You can make this recipe as easy or difficult as you want. I went the easy route and purchased the pre-made Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough. But if you want to get fancy, you can make your cookies from scratch.
Don’t forget to pick out your favorite pint of ice cream. For me, it’s always Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. And last but not least, be sure to grab toppings if you want to take it an extra step. I used chocolate chips, but next time I am for sure using chocolate sprinkles.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cookies (homemade or store bought)
- 1 pint of Ice Cream
- 1 Large Knife
- Chocolate chips or other toppings (optional)
- Cut your pint of ice cream into desired slices (typically three)
- Place one cookie face down, grab an ice cream slice and place it on the cookie. Peel away the paper and place the other cookie on top. Press the sandwich together.
- Pour a generous amount of chocolate chips into a small dish and roll the layer of ice cream through it.
If you give it a try, we want to see your results! Show us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
with The East Texas Weekend
You may also like: