Churro cupcakes topped with a cinnamon sugar frosting
If you’re a fan of the delicious flavors in churros, then you’ll love these simple Churro Cupcakes. They’re packed with the cinnamon sugar flavors you love, and there’s nothing intimidating about the recipe.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix (plus all of the ingredients it lists on the back of the box)
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding (I went with the sugar free/fat free)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk (if needed)
- Baked churros, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line your muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, cinnamon and ingredients listed on the cake mix box.
- Stir in the pudding to combine well.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cream together butter, vanilla and cinnamon until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Continue adding sugar until the frosting is thick enough.
- If you added too much sugar, thin frosting out by mixing in milk.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and garnish with a churro.
with The East Texas Weekend
You may also like the recipe for: