The City of West Palm Beach is helping us celebrate the 4th of July in a safe way this year amid the COVID-19 global pandemic. The City has put together a series of fun DIY crafts that will help get you in the holiday spirit! In this video, we learn how to make a star garland decoration that is super patriotic and perfect for your 4th of July celebration at home!
If you make the garland, make sure you use the #WPBtogether when you post your pictures and/or videos!
What you’ll need:
- Blue and red paint
- 15 popsicle sticks
- Yarn or twine
- Lay out your popsicle sticks into a star formation, then glue it into place.
- Set your star aside to dry and set your paints up on a tray or a paper plate.
- Paint one of the stars red, and another blue.
- Once you finish painting and they’ve dried, you can use the twine to weave them through your stars. If you’re using yarn, you may need to glue them into place.
- String the stars together and voila! You have a red, white, and blue garland that’s perfect for the 4th of July!
with The East Texas Weekend