Our sixth artist being featured on Texas Homegrown Songs is Erin Kinsey. Watch her original performance of “In A Hurry” in the video above.
Want more performances? Scroll down to watch another!
It’s very rare in today’s music industry to come across a young talent with the same love, passion, and tenacity for music as displayed by country singer-songwriter Erin Kinsey. Whether it’s listening to her booming voice, or observing her skillful multi-instrumental abilities, it’s hard to imagine that Erin Kinsey began singing just a few years ago.
This 17-year-old artist from Rockwall, Texas began singing and playing guitar at the age of 11 and started performing in public as a solo singer-songwriter just a few months later. Since then, she’s been perfecting her craft under the tutelage of some of the biggest names in music. “Her voice is a technical marvel,” says vocal coach Brett Manning (Taylor Swift, Hayley Williams), and her instrumentalism has already earned her the recognition as an official artist of Taylor Guitars, Warrior Instruments, and Deering Banjos.
Here are some fun facts about Erin:
- She’s a native of Rockwall, Texas
- She began singing and playing the guitar at the age of 11
- Now, she plays multiple instruments including the acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, piano, drums, banjo and mandolin
- She’s headlined noteworthy venues such as Love & War in Texas, The Gaylord Texan, CMA Fest, The Dallas International Film Festival and the C2C Festival in London
- In 2017, Erin opened up for Hunter Hayes during the St. Jude Rock-n-Roll Marathon Concert in Nashville.
“People Are People”
Here’s last week’s Texas Homegrown Songs feature: