While the fireworks are popping off outside for the Fourth of July, your taste buds will be poppin’ for these no-fuss recipes. Check out these five dishes that are sure to be a hit with your crowd!
Fourth of July Recipes
Black and Blue Burger
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 4 sweet Hawaiian burger buns, sliced in half
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices yellow onion, fried
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons thousand island dressing or donkey sauce
- Salt and blackening spice to taste
1. Preheat pan on medium heat.
2. Divide the ground beef into four portions; roll each into a loose ball, then flatten into a 4-inch patty.
3. Season the patties on both sides with the blackening spice. After about 3 minutes, flip, and cook to develop a crust on the reverse side, 2 minutes. Top each burger with 1 ounce of the remaining blue cheese. Grill to an internal temperature of 160°.
4. Cover with a piece of foil and cook another 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Remove the burgers to a serving tray to rest.
6. Assemble the burger by: smearing the buns with some thousand island dressing or donkey sauce. Layer the bottom buns with the fried onions and a burger. Top with tomatoes and lettuce. Cover with the bun tops.
- 5 chunks of cubed watermelon
- Small handful of large wedge cut heirloom tomatoes
- A three-finger pinch of grilled corn
- A three-finger pinch of Green beans
- A three-finger pinch of Grilled squash
- 12 cubes of feta cheese
- Small three-finger pinch of chiffonade mint
- Toss in two portion cups of vinaigrette
- Add a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp: Olive oil
- 2 oz: White wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
Becky’s BBQ Baked Beans:
- 1 28 oz can of your favorite brand of baked beans
- 1 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1 1/4 cup bell pepper finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup smoked bacon chopped
- 1 8 oz pkg ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. In a skillet brown grown beef and drain.
2. Add beef back to skillet and add bacon, onion and bell pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
3. Drain baked beans and add to skillet mixture along with BBQ sauce and brown sugar and cook on medium heat for a bit then on low till ready to serve
Street Corn Queso
- 3-4 cups of corn on the cob
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Pinch of cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup Diced Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 cup Diced Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Diced Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion powder and garlic powder to taste
- Olive oil
- Cole Slaw
- 3 cups shredded Cabbage
- Mayonnaise to Taste
- Sugar to taste
- Vinegar to taste
- Mix mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together. Pour over cabbage and toss, add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic.
- Season pork and chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Heat sauté pan and add oil, pork and chicken to sauté pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add BBQ sauce and sauté for 1-2 minutes. In a second sauté pan add oil, bell pepper, mushrooms, and corn. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add pork and chicken to taco shell. Top with the corn, bell pepper and mushrooms mix. Place slaw on top tacos and cilantro.
with The East Texas Weekend