Follow this quick guide and you'll be arranging flowers like a pro!
Making your own beautiful flower arrangement is easier than you’d think! Here’s an easy step-by-step to arrange a dozen roses.
- paring knife
Follow these easy steps:
- Lay out the flowers and arrange them so their heads are even
- Measure the flowers next to the vase and determine the length desired and cut straight across.
- Take each stem individually and remove any foliage and thorns that will be below the rim of the vase.
- Fill vase approximately halfway full with clean water.
- Remove any damaged or torn petals from each flower as needed.
- Add the roses to the vase one at a time re-cutting each stem at an angle, this allows the flowers to drink.
- Trim foliage so that leaves are at or above the rim of the vase.
- Add foliage to fill vase
- Fine tune and adjust arrangement so that it is impressive from all sides.
The last step is to give them to someone special or just enjoy them yourself!
Stay up to date on all things The East Texas Weekend!
You may also enjoy: