Once Upon a Child is opening their newest location right here in East Texas! The resale store has more than 325 locations across the United States and Canada and their newest location is in Longview.
Local parents now have a place that not only puts cash back into their pockets, but sells gently-used children’s clothes, shoes, toys, equipment and more for less! A favorite with families.
Their grand opening is Thursday, August 8th, but the celebrations last until Sunday, August 11th. Here’s how you can celebrate with them:
Thursday, August 8th:
- First 20 customers receive a colorable Once Upon a Child tote with crayons and a $10 gift card
- Bubble Bar with containers of bubbles will be available for your kids
Friday, August 9th:
- Raffle for a WOW toy
- Staff will be dressed up as dinosaurs and donuts will be served for Dino’s & Donuts
Saturday, August 10th:
- Raffle for a $200 Once Upon a Child gift card
- Staff will be dressed up as princess and there will be popcorn for Princesses & Popcorn
- There will be face painting from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, August 11th:
- Raffle for 20% off for a year
- Staff will be dressed up as unicorns and they will be serving cotton candy
The new Once Upon A Child is part of a unique national recycling retail chain that specializes in merchandise for infants to pre-teens. The store buys and sells quality, gently-used children’s apparel, shoes, books, baby equipment and furniture, and more.
“Our store fills a distinct niche in the retail market,” said Kimberly Boyle, who owns the new Once Upon A Child. “I understand how expensive it is to raise children today and want to offer an affordable option for local families. By purchasing merchandise directly from consumers, we’re able to offer them lower prices and a great opportunity to receive cash on the spot for items they may have otherwise simply given away.”
Unlike a typical consignment store, Once Upon A Child does not require appointments and pays on the spot for items it purchases from consumers. At Once Upon A Child, families are able to buy necessities for their children at great values, and turn their gently-used items into cash.
In addition, Once Upon A Child ensures that all products purchased and sold meet mandatory and voluntary safety standards. Staff members stay up-to-date on current recalled items, immediately pulling all recalled products from shelves and making sure all items purchased are safety-checked to meet current standards.
Once Upon a Time Longview is located at 103 west Loop 281 in Suite 203.
For questions on the buying process or their store hours you can visit their website here.