Want more performances? Scroll down to check out one of his covers.
Our thirteenth artist being featured on Texas Homegrown Songs is Pat Waters. Watch his performance of “Ain’t Gonna Hurt Nobody But Me” above.
Here are some fun facts about Pat Waters:
- He bought first guitar at age 20
- He was an athlete growing up and playing sports was his dream. He even played football in college as a wide receiver
- Pat got serious about playing music after finishing college at University of North Texas with a degree in Marketing and a minor in International Business
- He and his uncle own an oil field construction company and a trucking company
- His first paying gig was playing 2 songs at an opry for $25
- Pat has shared the stage with country legends such as Merle Haggard, John Conlee, Lynard Skynyrd, Johnny Bush, Gary Stewart, Keith Whitley, Gary P Nunn and many others
- Since 2001, this humanitarian has been named “National Spokesperson for America’s Drug Free Promotions”, traveling to hundreds of school districts throughout the Southwest performing and visiting with youth about the dangers of illicit drugs, teen bullying, teen suicide and the abuse of alcohol
- Learn more about Pat by reading his biography here.
If you want to keep up with Pat Waters and his music, there’s plenty of ways. Click here to follow him on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And click here to follow his music on YouTube, Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, and Deezer,
Performances from all featured artists on Texas Homegrown Songs are made possible each week through Stephanie Stacey.
Here’s last week’s Texas Homegrown Songs feature: