Spend your day walking, and shopping, through Tyler's oldest shopping center!
The Bergfeld Center is located just south of Downtown Tyler in the Azalea District. This shopping center was the very first shopping center in the city, and one of the very first in the entire state of Texas as well.
There’s over 30 stores that make up the Bergfeld Center, and most of them are locally owned. The shops are filled with unique items no matter which door you walk into.
Here’s our guide to a day of shopping at Bergfeld Center:
- You can’t shop on an empty stomach, so we recommend starting with breakfast or brunch at First Watch. This brand new eatery is located where The Egg & I was formally located. They’re grand opening is November 3rd.
- Once you’re done with breakfast, it’s time to walk around and shop. House of Wynne is a great place to start. This unique store is filled with antiques, gifts, home decor and more.
- Details has been a Tyler shopping spot for decades. It’s another great stop for gifts and home furnishings. There is a variety of artistic pieces as well as fantastic jewelry.
- You can’t go to Bergfeld and not go inside Valerosa Designs & Gallery. This is the place to find artwork created by local East Texans. The selections in the store are diverse, and there’s something for everybody. And if painting’s aren’t your thing, there’s still plenty to peruse.
- Are you hungry again? Grab lunch at Whole Health Store & Cafe. This is a great stop for natural, organic and whole foods. You can also browse the aisle for nutritional products, supplements and body care products. Check out the cafe’s menu here.
- Forget Me Not Flowers has been delivering happiness to East Texas for over a decade. Their store is filled with flowers you can walk home with. But there’s also great candles, decorations and more
- Sadie’s Stitchery is run by a mother daughter team, and the whole concept started years ago when they were looking across the town for original, affordable and beautiful monogrammed pieces. Now, you can browse their collections of linens, towels, baby items, and more then customize them with your name and initials.
- A trip to Bergfeld is never complete without stepping inside Village Bakery. This family owned bakery just celebrated their 70th anniversary, and they have delicious cookies and treats.
- What better way to cap off a day of shopping than with a manicure and pedicure? Serenity has all of the trendy products like dip nails and shellac, but also your traditional manicure and pedicure.
Stay up to date on all things The East Texas Weekend!