As May rolls toward June, there’s finally an answer for water park lovers in East Texas: Will Splash Kingdom open for the summer? And when?
The happy answer is yes!
Splash Kingdom says Friday, May 29 will be the day the eagerly-awaited summer of 2020 begins in East Texas’ Splash Kingdom Family Waterparks.
According to a press release sent by the company, it has taken many weeks of meticulous planning with local and state public health officials, hiring and training hundreds of employees and re-fitting the parks to accommodate social distancing guidelines, and now the top summertime attraction for many Texans is ready to welcome guests.
“And not a minute too soon!” said Splash Kingdom President/CEO Johnny Blevins. “After the stress and uncertainty we’ve all lived with these last few months, everyone here deserves to have something positive happen. We can’t wait to open the gates on the 29th and greet families returning to Splash Kingdom!”
Blevins and the Splash Kingdom team have carefully planned every step of the openings to ensure there will be no safer place for a family to spend the day and have a blast. Splash Kingdom already offers a huge built-in health benefit – plenty of space for every person, fresh air and sunshine.
The press release also mentions that the Centers For Disease Control (CDC) says, “there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas,” such as Splash Kingdom. “100% of our activities are continually sanitized with properly treated pool water,” Blevins said. “The CDC makes it clear it will kill the virus that causes COVID-19. The health and safety of our Texas families and our team members are of utmost importance to all of us,” he added.
Here are a few of the measures Splash Kingdom is taking to keep everyone safe:
- Staggered start times for team members and multiple clock-in locations
- Team member common areas structured to maintain social distancing protocols, sanitized multiple times daily
- Park capacity will be limited according to federal, state and local specifications
- Park admission tickets will be sold online, and reservation systems will stagger guest entry times so social distancing protocols can be maintained
- Roping, stanchions and line-markers will safely manage traffic flow in queue lines
- Placement and availability of dining furniture and lounge chairs will allow for social distancing recommendations to be met
- Door handles, counters, railings, keypads, self-assist kiosks, furniture and trash receptacles will be sanitized and disinfected regularly
- Lifejackets and other shared equipment will be sanitized between uses
- Food-service team members will wear face coverings, as required by current CDC mandates.
“In addition to the extensive, specialized training for our team members, the necessary physical changes to our parks and alterations to our procedures, we are consulting closely with public health officials,” Blevins said. “It’s crucial that when we open, we are aligned with their unique vision and expertise.”
And for those wondering if they need to pack for the day any differently this year do not need to worry. Splash Kingdom is making a few changes, but keeping it simple.
Here are other things to note before going to Splash Kingdom:
- It will be necessary to limit park capacity. Guests should buy individual day tickets, season passes or 3-day passes online here.
- All daily admissions will be sold online for use on specific days. These will be limited and will guarantee entry on the day stated on the ticket.
- Season pass holders will be granted entry 15 minutes before the park opens to the public each day. This guarantees that season pass holders who arrive early will be admitted to the park. Several pricing promotions are available online now.
- Parents who wish to have a life jacket available for small children are encouraged to bring their own to the park. While lifejackets provided by the park will be sanitized between uses, coming with your own life jacket will ensure you won’t have to wait for one to be available.
- Most important, come to Splash Kingdom ready to relax and enjoy a great day in the sun.
“We all need a place like Splash Kingdom in our lives now more than ever,” Blevins said. “Our professionals are working hard to keep our park safe, accessible, fun and a blessing for our families and friends in Canton and Nacogdoches during these challenging times.”
Splash Kingdom Canton
Splash Kingdom Canton is located at 18814 Interstate 20. Click here for a Google Map.
Splash Kingdom Nacogdoches
Splash Kingdom Nacogdoches is located at 401 N. University Drive. Click here for a Google Map.
Splash Kingdom Hudson Oaks is located at 1001 Cinema Drive in Weatherford. Click here for a Google Map. Click here to purchase daily tickets or season passes. Visit their website here.
Splash Kingdom Greenville is located at 6501 Interstate 30. Click here for a Google Map. Click here to purchase daily tickets or season passes. Visit their website here.
with The East Texas Weekend