Now this is YUMMY!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder** (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium size bowl mix together sugar, oil, an egg, vanilla and milk
- In a larger bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and a dash of salt!
- Next we are going to blend our wet and dry ingredients together until we get a dough-like consistency.
- Then, we are going to take our 2 cups of diced strawberries and add 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Add the berries to the dough little by little, and blend!
- Put the dough into a greased pan and bake it on 350 for 50 to 55 minutes! And wah-lah! Delicious strawberry bread!
**YOU CAN ALSO ADD A YUMMY GLAZE!!**
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk** (optional)
Mix powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries and vanilla until smooth.
Let bread cool
Spread the glaze on top of the bread
Slice, serve and ENJOY!
with The East Texas Weekend
You may also like: