What's better on a warm spring day, but fresh Savannah Strawberries layered over delicious pound-cake and smothered with cream cheese whipped topping?! Nothing, I tell you -- absolutely nothing! This Strawberry Trifle is to die for!
Strawberry season in Georgia (which stretches from April to June) is in full effect and its time to indulge in this delectable fruit in the best way possible. What way is that you ask? Well, it is called the Georgia Strawberry Trifle and it is a dessert that will definitely put your fresh strawberries to good use.
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (18 ounce) jar strawberry glaze
- Crumble the cake into a 9×13 inch dish.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries and glaze until strawberries are evenly coated. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill until serving.
There are many ways you could use your delicious strawberries this strawberry season but this quick and easy dessert is bound to put strawberries in a whole new perspective for you, your taste buds, and your sweet tooth. So, try the recipe today and spread the knowledge with others you know who also enjoy Strawberries!!
– Darrow Fraser