"We make time stand still with family and friends"
This summer, it’s all about the Celebration of Steam at the Texas State Railroad. You’ll be able to see a display of Texas State Railroad’s notable steam and diesel engines at the Palestine Depot.
Starting at 8 a.m. on July 3,4 &5, the static locomotives on display will be lined up on the wye. They’ll be available for Guests who are riding the train will have better access to view the locomotives. But if you’re not riding the train, you can pay a separate fee to view the locomotives.
Then, at 11 a.m. the train will depart the Palestine depot.
The entire trip takes around 4 hours as you travel round trip from one depot to the other. The railroad offers seats ranging from open-air benches in coach to over-sized seats in presidential class. There’s also an option to rent the entire caboose for a party, or ride along in the steam engine between the engineer and the brakeman. The train fare varies depending on where you’d like to sit.
To book your seat on the Summer of Steam train, visit the Texas State Railroad’s website and click on the ‘Booking Calendar’ link at the top.
Here are their COVID-19 precautions and expectations listed on their website:
Texas State Railroad is committed doing all that it can to maintain the health and safety of our guests and team members.
We will do our part to keep you safe, but we can’t do it alone. Guests of Texas State Railroad are invitees to private property and, as such, are required to follow all Texas State Railroad policies. These policies have been reviewed and approved by local government officials and are key to everyone having a safe and enjoyable experience.
For the safety of you and your fellow passengers here are 9 simple practices we ask you to consider prior to your train ride:
1. If you feel sick, please stay home – we will reschedule your reservation for when you feel 100%.
2. In accordance with the request of our local government, customers are required to wear masks.
3. We are asking that only one person from each party pick up tickets at the reservation counter.
4. Prior to entering the depot to pick up tickets or purchase lunch, we will be taking temperatures. If you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees, we will be happy to refund you and your group and schedule your party to ride another day.
5. Please cover your mouth to cough and turn away from other individuals.
6. Wash your hands often.
7. Use provided sanitizer.
8. Respect the space of others and make every attempt to social distance.
9. Throw all trash into provided receptacles.
Here’s are other upcoming special event trains this summer:
July 10th: Pints in the Pines (Train departs at 6 p.m.) **Must be 21+**
July 24th: Wine in the Pines (Train departs at 6 p.m.) **Must be 21+**
August 7th: Pints in the Pines (Train departs at 6 p.m.) **Must be 21+**
The Palestine Depot is located at 189 Park Road 70 in Palestine.
The Rusk Depot is located at 535 Park Road 76 in Rusk.
with The East Texas Weekend