If you're looking for a delicious and simple cookie recipe then look no further! Emily Forsythe from Louise's Cakes N' Things in Birmingham shows us how to make their fan favorite "Turtle Cookies"!
Turtle Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped pecans
- Milk Chocolate
- Cream 1 cup butter and 3 cups brown sugar in bowl or electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. The quality of the vanilla really helps to improve the flavor so make sure you get some really good extract.
- Combine dry ingredients (3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt) in a separate bowl. Add dry mixture to dough a little bit at a time and continue stirring until fully incorporated.
- Scoop batter with large cookie scoop and roll in chopped pecans. Flatten out the dough ball a little bit when placing it on the cookie sheet. Don’t try to fit more than 6 on a cookie sheet and give them plenty of room to spread out.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cookies have cooled, drizzle melted caramel across top of each cookie using piping bag, spoon or spatula.
- Drizzle melted chocolate across top of each cookie in opposite direction to create unique patterns.
- Let cookies air dry for 15 minutes.