It's all that!
Uncle Doug’s in Douglass, Texas is 10 acres of goods, services and experience.
So what is Uncle Doug’s all about? Here’s what their website says:
- BBQ restaurant with a (non-alcoholic) bar, four big screen TVs, fireplace, and ample outdoor seating.
- Private dining in the “Wolf Jaw” Room which offers room for 24, a media ready TV, and a fire place, and can be reserved for parties and/or business meetings
- A working 192 square foot Greenhouse with a private table for four
- A 832 square foot air conditioned “Smoke Shack” housing “Puff Mama,” their workhorse 6,600 lb smoker that can hold 1800 lbs of meat, and “Big Six,” their 6 foot wide Texas-sized broiler. It has a full kitchen, a loft with a bed for Dondo, our pit master (for those long nights when he needs to baby sit one of his soon to be famous briskets), a VIP table for eight and of course a big screen TV with a booming sound system
- An everyday Farmer’s Market featuring local and regional produce, specialty canned goods, and unique durable goods
- A coffee lounge with plush seating, a fireplace, yet another big screen TV, and great coffee
- Chocolate Factory (from “bean-to-bar”)
- Plant Nursery
- Community Garden
- Yard Art
- McCurdy Park with a Koi Pond and picturesque waterfall
- Johnnie Mae Lake featuring a 30 ft high and 30 ft wide fountain with lights (and allegedly a few big bass).
- Seasonal Events
So basically, Uncle Doug’s is everything!
Uncle Doug’s is located at 14812 TX-21 in Douglass, Texas.
Uncle Doug’s BBQ Restaurant is open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays, and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sundays.