This is a must have for any Mexican food spread
Yes! Guacamole is a traditional Mexican food, all thanks to the Aztecs, the native American people who dominated central Mexico from the 14th to 16th centuries.
You can find many variations of this dip, but true Mexican guacamole is simple. It only has a few ingredients.
Good news: it’s not hard to whip together.
Doc Cain’s culinary class at the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center showed us how its done.
- 8 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Mash the avocados in a bowl until it’s smooth and creamy
- Mix tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lemon juice and jalapeno pepper into the mashed avocados until it’s well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!